In litigation, I focus on helping you with an efficient resolution of commercial disputes.
My experience involves:
- contract breaches such as failure to perform and covenants not to compete,
- corporation and partnership dissolutions and derivative actions,
- construction defect litigation, including improper residence construction or remodeling,
- business torts such as business defamation,
- real estate matters including real estate leases, deeds of trust, deficiency actions in trustee sales, and partition of non-married partners jointly ownws property.
Litigation is expensive and unpredictable. So, prior to proceeding with an adversary situation, I attempt to negotiate a settlement on your behalf. If required to proceed beyond negotiations, I attempt to avoid the time and expense of trial by engaging alternative dispute resolution methods such as mediation or arbitration. I have found that using such ADR procedures can resolve your situation without the potential of the time and expense involved quickly spiraling out of control.
If you are required to proceed to trial, I handle all aspects of your litigation, including initial meeting with you, researching your particular legal issues, conferring with all parties and witnesses, drafting the initial pleadings, preparation of and participation in discovery and case preparation and of course, trying your litigation if necessary.
Of importance, I have experience in jury trials, legal research, drafting motions, including motions for summary judgment, and I have participated in many post trial motions and appeals, as well.